Saturday, November 1, 2008

WELCOME TO MY FIRST BLOG POST!

Hello fellow fans and collectors of ACEO'S
Im S.R.


I have recently been sumerged into the world of ACEO. which stands for:
A
rt Card, Editions and Originals for all of you who are new to this.
These cards have a size requirement of 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the size of a trading card
You can express yourself in any way in these small pieces, draw, paint collage etc

you can use what ever materials you want oil paints, pastels, watercolors anything u desire really.

The main purpose of an ACEO is to give a chance to artists and collectors to trade, sell and buy mini affordable pieces of art.

ACEO's are usually priced on the type of materials used, the originality, the popularity of the artist, and the time invested, an average ACEO is priced from $5-$8 but more renounced ones can go as high as $20-$100 but thats a rare scenario and it must be a hell of an ACEO LOL!

I personally prefer to use acrylics because they are easy to wor
k with and have a bright finish
When it comes to drawing I like to do folk themes like the latin american "Day of the dead"
so you will often see things like skeletons and roses in my pieces.


Most of my pieces are humorous, but i also have a couple of tender ones like the "teddy series" where teddy goes on all kinds of adventures.

So tag along my friends and follow me on this adventure to the world of ACEO'S

Here are the links to some of my galleries and pieces for sale:

MY ARTCARDSWANTED.COM GALLERY
or
ALTERNATE LINK TO MY GALLERY

And if your in the mood you can also check out my other paintings that i have for sale:

MY ARTBREAK GALLERY

No comments: